Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Short Note on Educational Leadership | The Jose Vilson

A Short Note on Educational Leadership | The Jose Vilson:


A Short Note on Educational Leadership

Last night, after talking with my life partner about educational structures, I came to the realization that education leaders actually need to care about kids.
Any school leader worth their weight in pencils has some dimension of caring about kids that they can handle. If their forte is instruction, then I expect for them to have strategies for how to work with students on a certain piece of pedagogy and be able to demonstrate that in a few given situations. If their forte is management / discipline, then I expect for them to have strategies for structuring classrooms and setting guidelines for proper student behavior. If you have a hodgepodge of different abilities, then I’m hoping one of those abilities is related to