Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NYC Educator: The Zombie Apocalypse Comes to TMS2

NYC Educator: The Zombie Apocalypse Comes to TMS2:


The Zombie Apocalypse Comes to TMS2

If you didn't pick up this brilliant post via GothamSchools' Remainders last night, you should go and read it now.  I LOL'd, especially because the"zombie apocalypse" definitely happened at TMS2 at lunch today.  I typically open up my classroom for lunch a couple of days a week so kids can get tutoring or make up work or just hang out, but today, I really needed those precious fifty (which became forty-three after a conference with a young woman who was trying my patience) duty-free minutes to regroup, for the safety of the children in my afternoon classes.

"Five more days," one of the zombies muttered.  "Five more days.  I can do five more days."

"If I have to write one more referral for one more kid