Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Don’t call me, Senator. We’ll call you. « Fred Klonsky

Don’t call me, Senator. We’ll call you. « Fred Klonsky:


Don’t call me, Senator. We’ll call you.

Senator Dan Kotowski meets with PREA members on May 2nd in Springfield.
Last year when we were battling a previous version of a pension bill, I received a phone call from Park Ridge Senator Dan Kotowski.
The call came at about 10:30 PM on a Friday night.
In case you are confused about what an old guy like me is doing on a Friday night at 10:30 PM, let me relieve you of any confusion.
I am asleep.
“Is this a bad time?” the Senator asked.
It was. But I am nothing if not courteous. So I said, “Who is this?”
“Dan. Dan Kotowski.”
“Okay. What can I do for you?”
“Well you have gotten your teachers to call me to complain that I support