Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 10, 2012

An Urban Teacher's Education: Somebody's Unplugging My Computer

An Urban Teacher's Education: Somebody's Unplugging My Computer:


Somebody's Unplugging My Computer

Yesterday, for the third day in a row, I sat down at my computer during third period to find somebody had pulled its plug out of the socket.

The first two days it happened, I chalked it up to an accident. The outlet is in sort of an awkward place, and its possible that a student may have bumped into the cord or moved a chair into it to knock it out of place.

Noticing this problem, on Thursday I rearranged my desk so that the outlet would be completely covered with no possibility of students accidentally knocking the cord out of the outlet. But when I sat down to my computer on Friday, I found that it had happened again

I cannot express in words how frustrating this is. If I had a pillow in the classroom, I may have made a display of