Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Schools Matter: GUEST POST: Top 10 Things I Wish I Could Say Out Loud

Schools Matter: GUEST POST: Top 10 Things I Wish I Could Say Out Loud:


GUEST POST: Top 10 Things I Wish I Could Say Out Loud

Top 10 Things I Wish I Could Say Out Loud

[originally posted at ruralteacher]

10. The State Tests, SATs, ACTs and any other High Stakes Test that you take will NOT predict your future success in life.  If anyone tells you that your success in life – as a productive citizen who is well-adjusted- depends on a TEST score, they are LYING TO YOU! Your life, your child’s life will be measured in many ways, but I can guarantee you that NO ONE is going to care what score you or your child got on a 3rd grade State Assessment. For that matter, NO ONE cares what your SAT score is – in fact, many colleges and universities are now going “Test Optional” meaning you don’t have to submit your SAT or ACT test scores to be