Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 9, 2012

Two-Headed Dreamers - Arlington, VA, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post - A Professional Networking Community for Educators

Two-Headed Dreamers - Arlington, VA, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post - A Professional Networking Community for Educators:

Looking Ahead

Two-Headed Dreamers

You can’t be a two-headed dreamer. You can’t have it both ways. Two-headed dreamers don’t just talk out of both sides of their mouth….they talk from two completely different minds. Consider those passionate idealists who both want to make meaningful change in life, and at the same time are insistent that there is a menacing conspiracy keeping them from making change happen. It’s a contradiction in thinking…two different heads trying to direct the same body.


My working definition of a passionate idealist is someone who dreams dreams and lives their waking hours to realize them. They have a zeal for life and a belief that they have a moral obligation to make a difference through the life they live. I fancy myself to be a passionate idealist. I believe I make a difference every day by my attitude, choices and actions. Anything that I allow to shake that belief reduces my chances to be successful.

Having this orientation to the world is a sum of all my experiences from early on. Speaking