Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Moving On After Enfield's Announcement

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Moving On After Enfield's Announcement:


Moving On After Enfield's Announcement

I saw an interview that Dr. Enfield did with KING-5 news yesterday.  She was quite cheerful and said:

- Might she leave the door open, if the board were to make her a good offer?  “This work is too important and I have too much respect for this community to play games like that, this was a genuine and as I said, much deliberated decision on my part that I made for reasons that are right for me and the time is right for me to move on,” Enfield says.
- She "will be a superintendent " at another district.  
- She also said the Board elections had nothing to do with her decision.
- She declined to give her reasoning, either from the professional side or personal side.

So we move on.  Speculation is moot at this point.  What's next?

The Board will have to decide - in the next couple of weeks - what kind of search to launch.  Given that so many people are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if some entity (the Alliance, donors, etc), gave them money for the