Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 28, 2011

Even principals think IEA and Audrey’s Law is wrong. « Fred Klonsky

Even principals think IEA and Audrey’s Law is wrong. « Fred Klonsky:

Even principals think IEA and Audrey’s Law is a bad professional practice.

People who know me know not to bring up the topic of school principals as dinner conversation.

Better to ask about religion and politics, Cubs or White Sox, Al’s or Mr. Beef.

I have worked for a dozen principals in my three decades as a teacher. Since I am still an employee for six more months, let’s just leave it at that. I’m not naming names yet.

I have previously pointed out that these days the career path for many appears to be to teach a couple of years, discover that they don’t really like the classroom, get their Type 75 administrative certification and then become a principal.

They then no longer just make two dozen kids miserable. They make dozens and dozens of teachers miserable