Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

School Tech Connect: More Things That Didn't Happen

School Tech Connect: More Things That Didn't Happen:

More Things That Didn't Happen

So, I really don't care too much about what Steve Brill had to say about public education, except to the extent that it's absorbed uncritically by Democratic lawmakers. I'm happy he got a book published and had a nice party with Randi and all, but I'm not going to go out and buy it.

I did, however, read this TNR piece by Richard Kahelnberg. Nice piece of writing, but there's this one little tidbit that didn't fit with my memory of the event.


So strongly did Shanker believe in this alliance that he was willing to forfeit potential leadership in a merged AFT-National Education Association (NEA) organization over the issue of AFL-CIO