Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Liberty Plaza, Wall Street, & Schools - Bridging Differences - Education Week

Liberty Plaza, Wall Street, & Schools - Bridging Differences - Education Week:

Liberty Plaza, Wall Street, & Schools

Note from Deborah: Thanks, Diane, for bringing up the troubling but critical issue of the parent role in schooling. It's a big one and not one I want to respond to off the top of my head. So, next week I'll give you my thoughts on this.

Dear Diane,

It's easy to ignite optimism in people like me. That's why I always felt lucky to spend so many years inside schools, and inside schools where we had the freedom to collectively respond to situations with our best judgment. I never despaired.

The schools I was most deeply involved in were also "horizontally" (a Wall Street-occupiers' expression)