Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Diary of a Social Art-tivist Mommy: Why we do what we do.....(and what great teachers and hamsters have in common)

Diary of a Social Art-tivist Mommy: Why we do what we do.....(and what great teachers and hamsters have in common):

Why we do what we do.....(and what great teachers and hamsters have in common)

I am lucky enough to have a wonderful student-teacher helping me in the art room for the next couple of months. Her residency in my art room is her last stop before she becomes a formal, certified art teacher. Having her here with me daily has made me really think through how to put into words all I do in my classroom in order to be able to give her the best advice about the profession.

I heard the news last night about the passing of Steve Jobs. In trying to grasp the impact of this man on our collective lives, I ran across a speech he gave at a Stanford graduation in 2005. In this speech he imparts onto graduates many 'golden nuggets' of life; one of them being that you can only ever be great at