Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

“Click Clack Moo”… I Won’t Be an Empowerment School Principal « City School Stories

“Click Clack Moo”… I Won’t Be an Empowerment School Principal « City School Stories:

Click Clack Moo… I Wouldn’t Be an Empowerment School Principal

Reflections of an Author

Submitted by Frank Murphy on October 25, 2011

My recollection of the exact moment when I decided that I would not be the principal of an empowerment school is a vivid one. I was attending a bi-weekly regional principals’ meeting at a school located not far from my own. We met in the school’s library.

The library had been recently renovated. The room’s windows had been replaced with new ones that had the appearance of translucent rice paper. I looked at them with admiration while appreciating the beauty of the