Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: School Board Races Getting Tough

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: School Board Races Getting Tough:


School Board Races Getting Tough

In a hard opening salvo for the School Board elections, the SEA voted no confidence in Board President Steve Sundquist. The word is that it centers around his unwavering support for TFA.


In other news, a raft of school board candidate forums have popped up so here's an update (please let me know if I missed anything):


Tuesday, September 27th, Special Education PTSA School Board forum, JSCEE, 7 p.m.


Wednesday, September 28th - Town Hall at 7:30 p.m., 1119 8th Avenue (at Seneca) The Stranger's forum with



Seeking a Diversity of Voices

I would really like to hear from folks who disagree with me. They may be cautious about commenting here on this blog. No one likes to feel like they have been shouted down, attacked, or had their integrity or intelligence insulted. So I would like to create a safe space for people who have another perspective so we can discuss these things in a civil, courteous, and respectful manner.

Towards that end, I'm going to try an experiment. Here at Save Seattle Schools, we delete spam comments and unsigned, anonymous ones, but it is not our practice to edit or censor comments for content. This is a free forum. On this thread - just this one - I will remove any comments that are not civil, courteous, and respectful. I want to create a safe space for people to disagree. We'll see how it goes.

In particular, I would like to hear from people who either support any of the School Board incumbents for re-