Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NYC Educator: Professional Development Surveys, If We Were Honest

NYC Educator: Professional Development Surveys, If We Were Honest:

Professional Development Surveys, If We Were Honest

The administration at my school gave us a professional development survey last week. Maybe yours has too. They ask you what kind of PD you'd like to be offered at the school, or what kind of external PD you'd like to attend. I put down some stuff about strengthening my writing instruction, but I got to thinking that, if I could really be honest, I could think of some PDs that would really be more helpful. I put together this list, which, nevertheless, I do not plan to share with my administration.

  • SmartBoards 101: How to Plug Them In

  • Classroom Pest Control: Beyond