Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A plea from Kimberly Davis. « Fred Klonsky's blog

A plea from Kimberly Davis. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

A plea from Kimberly Davis.

Dear Fred Klonsky,

I have a lifetime’s worth of reasons for wanting to save my brother Troy.

When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at age 14, Troy left high school, signed up for night classes and started working so that he could take me to physical therapy and help my mother out financially.

It was my brother’s help and reassurance through my long struggle that led me to get out of my wheelchair. He is my hero.

But as you know, the state of Georgia has set an execution date for Troy on September 21st, based on supposed evidence against him that does not exist.

But we believe that with God’s help, we will prevail.

Will you help us to continue to fight to save his life? I need you to reach out to the Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole one last time. Click on the link to watch at the video message I recorded for the NAACP, and follow the instructions to send your letter:

http://action.naacp.org/KimberlyDavis

Last Thursday, Troy called to tell me he had just heard about the 660,000 petitions delivered to the Board of Pardons and Parole in his name. He was deeply moved. He told me he knew that had