Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

Sunday links.

Former alderman Dick Simpson and should-have-been-mayor Miguel del Valle appear on my favorite local news of the week show, Chicago Newsroom with my favorite host Ken Davis. And I say that not just because I’ve been on the show. The longer school day is one of the topics.

Charles Blow says, “Not just jobs. Good jobs.” Unfortunately he also thinks we have to choose between good jobs here or good jobs abroad. Why is it that so many Democratic liberals see everything as a war?

Houston schools are what Rahm aspires to? The Texas Monthly says they’re a disaster. H/T to my bro.

In Fort Greene, Brooklyn, parents sue a charter school to pay rent for the space they use in a public school building.

Sacrificial kids and grandmas.

They want to put a Wal-Mart in my Logan Square neighborhood. In Wisconsin, the Walton’s were major