Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Whilst Wandering Lonely as a Cloud and Filling Out a Survey to Win an iPad2… « Cooperative Catalyst

Whilst Wandering Lonely as a Cloud and Filling Out a Survey to Win an iPad2… « Cooperative Catalyst

Whilst Wandering Lonely as a Cloud and Filling Out a Survey to Win an iPad2…

After RSCON3 I noticed an inducement to fill out a survey. I never win these things, but the questions being asked were quite good ones and allowed me to be a bit provocative in my response. I mean, really, who was ever going to see this. Besides, the drawing was already over. As an intrinsic learner I couldn’t resist the siren call so I filled it out and submitted, but before I did I decided that I might copy over my response to CoopCatalyst as a blog post. Reflecting on this post before I submit it, I see much that can be argued with. I am unreasonable at times, but the responses felt right in the Old English sense of the word–straight, not bent. Below are my unbent responses to the survey.

“Creativity scores” are dropping across Western countries over the past decades. What are best ways