Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jersey Jazzman: ""A widely read teacher blogger"

Jersey Jazzman: ""A widely read teacher blogger"

""A widely read teacher blogger"

The Courier Post's Jane Roh has two articles out today: one in print and on-line, the other only on-line. Yours truly is quoted in both, which is a first for me as Jersey Jazzman.

I give her a lot of props for reaching out to me and @StoptheFreezeNJ; teachers' voices are not being heard in this debate, and I appreciate being able to state my case. I think Jane was fair to me in both pieces; however, we spoke for about an hour, so you can imagine a lot of context gets left out of my quotes.

If there is one thing I wish Jane would have changed about her pieces, it's this: there is no real discussion of the policies B4K wants to implement, and whether or not they will actually work. Yes, I know Jane is a political