Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Second Anniversary of Blog! Thank You | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Second Anniversary of Blog! Thank You | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice:

Second Anniversary of Blog! Thank You

Dear Readers,

This post marks my second anniversary as a blogger. I want to thank those readers who regularly read my twice-weekly posts, those who have dipped into them occasionally, those who have subscribed to the post, and finally those who have taken the time to write thoughtful comments. Nearly 158,00 people from around the world have clicked on to the blog since August 2009. Not exactly viral but, for me, most gratifying.

For the 245 posts I have written since August 2009, I have followed three rules:

1. Write less than 800 words.

2. Write clearly on school reform and classroom practice.

3. Take a position and back it up with evidence.

For anyone who blogs or writes often, they will know that sticking to these rules has been no easy task. Yet