Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 28, 2011

On Education Panel « Outside the Cave

On Education Panel « Outside the Cave:

On Education Panel

Watch the full episode. See more Metrofocus.

Last week, I had the opportunity to be included as the token teacher on a panal that included many of the more important figures in NYC education. The full list is here.

With lots to do, I don’t have much time to write a full reaction. I will say though, that of the four such panels I’ve been on, I thought this one was by far the best moderated. I appreciated that the moderators went out of their way to ensure that I, as the only full time teacher on the panel, had ample opportunity to engage with and respond to what the more well known panelists had to say. I thought the panel covered a nice range of topics, and did a good job of highlighting some of the major policy issues facing NYC in the coming school year.

For those who don’t feel the need to watch the full 100 minutes, Jose Vilson wrote a great writeup. I especially