Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Updates on This Week's Threads

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Updates on This Week's Threads:

Updates on This Week's Threads

I got some feedback from a couple of readers about my thread, Why TFA is Dangerous for our District, about not redacting the name of the candidate that Dr. Goodloe-Johnson and Wendy Kopp, head of TFA, were discussing.

I understand those readers reasoning but I also reason that if it was a personnel matter, SPS should have redacted it. I also believe, from reading the e-mails, that the person was actively involved in discussions and so likely knew his name was being discussed. We can agree to disagree on this point.

However, I will be writing to Ron English, General Counsel, on this issue of redaction. I feel I should let Mr. English know about them so that if there was an error, it can be corrected in any public disclosure documents going forward.

Also, over at The Stranger, they have called the Position 3 challenger win for Michelle Buetow. I have to agree. I