Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 27, 2011

School Tech Connect: The Poor Will Get Computers

School Tech Connect: The Poor Will Get Computers:

The Poor Will Get Computers

So much to catch up on-- it's never going to happen. My recent encounter with a spider has left me with a ridiculous injury that I'm tempted to memorialize with photography. I'll spare you.

I missed the Chicago SOS event down at Hull House; I'll keep my eye on Small Talk for details about what went on.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I see that Democracy Now did an excellent recap of the current madness in public ed policy. Diane Ravitch did another great job of debunking Arne Duncan's unrelenting bullshit. So did NYC teacher Brian Jones, whom I've never met. If you didn't see it, here it is:



Jones talks about teachers teaching the tests as a genre, and Amy Goodman seems a little shocked. Ages