Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday coffee + Old school. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee.

Hey, Chicago. How did you enjoy your summer?

It was 90 degrees on Tuesday. We had the AC on Thursday night. Now we have the heat back on and it’s 44 degrees.

In the mean while, a happy birthday wish to my son-in-law in Brooklyn. And we celebrated my brother and sister-in-law’s 43 years of marriage at Irwin’s last night.

I had the soft shell crab. Chef Irwin served me three of them with fresh asparagus and purple potatoes. I started the meal with fried green tomatoes and applewood bacon. Yes.

And let’s not even speak of the desserts we shared. Okay. I will speak of them. Sour cherry pie with home-made ice cream and peanut butter something or other with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

My brother, who is definitely a chocoholic, actually passed on the dessert with four “chocolates” in the title. But

Old school.

The Kinks.

Popout