Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sticking it to the little guy, literally « Failing Schools

Sticking it to the little guy, literally « Failing Schools

Sticking it to the little guy, literally

APRIL 26, 2011
by mariasallee

Tuesday is my usual day to post, as per our Failing Schools’ general agreement, so today I found myself without a clear topic in mind and surfing the web during my lunch break for current news on education. When what to my wondering eyes should appear…It seems that the National Institute for Early Education Research at Rutgers just released its State Preschool Yearbook 2010 report, which indicates overall cuts in state funding of preschool programs across the country. Here’s a portion of today’s blog from NIEER’s Preschool Matters…Today!

For the first time since we began tracking state pre-K, total spending for the country