Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Del Valle for Mayor | For All Chicago For Every Neighborhood: May 14th, Standing with Whittier Mothers

Del Valle for Mayor | For All Chicago For Every Neighborhood: May 14th, Standing with Whittier Mothers

May 14th, Standing with Whittier Mothers

Dear friends,

There is a buzz in Chicago among people striving for a city that works together. Inspired by Wisconsin and our immigrant youth, Chicagoans are reaching new levels of organizing to make sure that this is a city of prosperity for all not just for some.


Shortly after the election in February, I invited you to join me for a gathering to keep the energy from my campaign going. Instead of that general gathering on May 14th, I've decided to stand with the Whittier mothers as they call together Chicago parents to work for quality public neighborhood schools.

I stood with the Whittier mothers when they occupied the fieldhouse of their school to make sure their children receive the education we all deserve and I will continue to work alongside them. So on May 14th, I will be the keynote speaker at the parent summit called for by the Whittier Parent Committee and Blocks together.

I invite you to join me on that day to discover how we can all work together for quality public education in