Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 5, 2011

School Tech Connect: Miguel del Valle In Rogers Park

School Tech Connect: Miguel del Valle In Rogers Park

Miguel del Valle In Rogers Park

Spent part of the day at a del Valle event in the neighborhood. There were all kinds of Rogers Park stalwarts there, and just before I left we heard Katy Hogan announce that at the 49th ward endorsement meeting, Miguel received twice as many votes as Rahm. This is a very progressive ward.

We need a run-off election in this town, and we need for Miguel to be in it. There needs to be a long, hard talk about what kind of city we’re going to be and whether or not there's a For Sale sign on the whole damn thing. I'm not going to lie, I've asked Miguel a lot of very pointed questions, and in the back of my head I'm sort of hoping he'll take a swipe at someone, but he doesn't do that. This is a guy who's more about the big embrace rather than the sharp elbow.

On that, much more to come. Meanwhile, here I am cornering the candidate.



Here were some of the faces present in the crowd. The Sullivan kids are my new great hope for the future. There's a city full of these bright young people, but all you ever hear from you-know-who is charter, charter,