Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 25, 2011

Here’s a troubling email I received today from the anti-union, League of American Voters Teacher Reality #wiunion #wisolidarity

Here’s a troubling email I received today from the anti-union, League of American Voters… « Teacher Reality

Here’s a troubling email I received today from the anti-union, League of American Voters…

Thought I’d share with you an email I received today from The League of American Voters who claims there were “threats of violence from union thugs.” In this email, employee organizations were called, “bloated unions” that are gouging the taxpayers and need to give up their outrageous pay demands, lavish benefits and fat pensions.

As a teacher with a Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, I make about $44,000.00 a year. Is that now considered ”outrageous pay” in America? Under my health plan with the school district, it would cost me over $1000.00 a month to insure my 3 children. Many union teachers end up having to buy subpar health plans for their children because they cannot afford their own health provider’s family plans. Some teachers just don’t insure their kids because they simply cannot afford to. Are these the “lavish benefits” that The League of