Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 25, 2011

“Hubris” -the likely downfall of Gov. Walker? « Teacher Reality #workers #union

“Hubris” -the likely downfall of Gov. Walker? « Teacher Reality

“Hubris” -the likely downfall of Gov. Walker?

Marc Sears. a former public school teacher and current WI college professor, wrote this next piece. So much of what he wrote expresses the true realities of what is going on…a great read!

***

Here is an op-ed piece that I wrote that the paper would not run (because of length)…. Share or repost at will, but I ask that my name remains as author. – Marc Seals

After nearly two decades of being a Republican, I must face the reality that my party has abandoned me.

In the early 1990s, I became a registered Republican. I was a public school English teacher in Georgia who felt betrayed by the leftward shift of the Democratic Party; it seemed that there was no longer room for moderate or