Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Answer Sheet - Open letter to residents of Wisconsin #wisolidarity #wiunion #weac

The Answer Sheet - Open letter to residents of Wisconsin

Open letter to residents of Wisconsin

By Valerie Strauss

This is an email written by a Wisconsin native and former school administrator to residents of her home state about the labor protests now rocking Madison over Gov. Scott Walker's effort to take away collective bargaining rights of labor unions. The author is Jo Koebert. It was first posted by a Washington D.C. area teacher, Kenneth Bernstein, who wrote a piece on the plight of teachers and unions at CNN.


From Jo Koebert:
I am a Wisconsin resident who was born and raised in Milwaukee. I come from a working class family, and although I am lucky enough to spend some of the winter in Arizona, I am deeply connected to my Wisconsin roots. As I watch what is going on in Madison right now,