Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 19, 2010

My high school experience, the second time around | Philadelphia Public School Notebook

My high school experience, the second time around | Philadelphia Public School Notebook

My high school experience, the second time around

by Guest blogger on Jul 19 2010 Posted in Community voices
This week's guest blog post is from Tony Franklin, a Microsoft employee who wrote about his experience with School of the Future.

I graduated from a Harrisburg high school in 1991. Like many graduates before me, I walked out the doors for the final time, thankful to be out of there. So, imagine my surprise when, 15 years later, I’m asked by my employer, Microsoft to go back to high school.
In 2003, Microsoft and the Philadelphia School District entered into a partnership to design a public high school in West Philadelphia, the heart of one of