Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 19, 2010

Cool Cat Teacher Blog: Cool Cat Teacher on Facebook: How it will be used, what it is for?

Cool Cat Teacher Blog: Cool Cat Teacher on Facebook: How it will be used, what it is for?

Cool Cat Teacher on Facebook: How it will be used, what it is for?

Reach: Building Communities and Networks for Professional DevelopmentSince reading Jeff Utecht's book,Reach, I've thought quite a bit about how I'm "doing" Facebook and am making some changes as I do summer "social media cleaning."

1) I made a Facebook Page.

I've made an official page for Cool Cat Teacher. Pages are different from profile pages in that they represent an organization or person or "entity" like "Cool Cat Teacher." They are, by definition, linked to my profile, but not to all of my friends. This would be how someone really famous would use facebook to talk to "fans" but have a smaller group of personal friends behind the scenes on their profile.
Cool Cat Teacher


Promote Your Page Too