Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vote for Community Vote for Patrick and Ray!


Vote for Community Vote for Patrick and Ray!
Sacramento City Council 2010
Hi I am the Big Education Ape-A. P.arent E.ngaged. I am also known as Mike Simpson. I have been a Sacramento area resident since 1982. I have had the good fortune to live, work and to be a part of this wonderful community. I think it is called being blessed. In my years in this community I have had the honor of working with some of the most excellent leaders in government, education and the private sector.

I have the special privilege to call two of these excellent leaders, Ray Tretheway and Patrick Kennedy, my friend.

I worked for Ray Tretheway at the Sacramento Tree Foundation. It was Ray that taught me how to love the community I live in, Ray taught me to “get involved, participate, and make the community better”.  If you love our City of Trees you can thank Ray (and SMUD).

I got to know Patrick Kennedy when he was running for School Board Member for Area 7. My wife Vicki Simpson was running for Area 3 and thankfully lost to our super Area 3 School Board Member Donald Terry. If there was a theme for this election, it was Community and Parent Engagement and it became the litmus test. Patrick Kennedy got an A+ on the test. I have got to know Patrick as a proud Dad, bragging on our kid’s successes and as a School Board Member working hard to improve public education in our community. Patrick is the Sacramento version of the Energizer Bunny; he keeps on and keeps on finding new ways to serve the Sacramento Community.

Do me and the Community a favor:  Vote for Ray and Patrick. We need them both.