Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mike Allen's Playbook 24/7 - POLITICO.com

Mike Allen's Playbook 24/7 - POLITICO.com
Brownstein: Obama could be jobs king -- Alter quotes Obama: 'Life's unpredictable and we're all living on borrowed time.' 16-year-old Jessica Watson sails 'round world -- Nick Papas b'day
By: on May 15, 2010 @ 9:21 AM

Good Saturday morning. Jay Leno: “President Obama says he is angry and frustrated with the oil spill in the Gulf and the oil companies behind it. He said he’s tired of all the finger-pointing -- then he blamed the Bush administration for the whole thing.”

FIRST LOOK -- Speaker Pelosi will deliver the keynote commencement address for undergraduate and graduate students at Mills College in Oakland, Calif., this morning. From her prepared remarks: “I understand the importance of an all-women’s education; I’m a beneficiary of one myself. I’m a proud graduate of Washington, D.C.'s Trinity College: the oldest women’s Catholic college in America. And it was the confidence and education that I gained at an all-women’s college that helped me go from the kitchen to the Congress. … My path to the Speaker’s office was not planned. But what prepared me best to be a leader in Congress was raising my five children. … This March, I was at the White House … when historic health care reform was signed into law by President Barack Obama. As the world watched this moment, so did Trinity College. They were very proud to have two alumnae there with the President that day: the first