Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Educated Reporter Sources at your fingertips!

The Educated Reporter

Sources at your fingertips!

Sorry (if you cared) that I was silent this last week, but in reality I was not quiet at all; I was taking part in EWA’s annual conference in San Francisco. I have many thoughts from there to share with you, but first let me tell you about a great new EWA resource we announced at the meeting: a searchable database of more than 1,000 sources on children and education, with full contact information, links to their websites and information about their areas of expertise. You can access it by clicking “Source Search” on the EWAhomepage, or go straight to (and bookmark!) ewa.org/sources.

You will see two databases, one for early childhood through high school (“P-12”) and one for higher education. To search by keyword, affiliation, location and so on, click “General search.” Or you can click to get lists by topic and last name. I am not in love with the