Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The hand and glove relationship between LAUSD and UTLA - Perdaily.com

The hand and glove relationship between LAUSD and UTLA - Perdaily.com

The Hand And Glove Relationship Between LAUSD And UTLA

gloves.jpg
No, the teachers' union and LAUSD have not decided to offer proctological exams at Beaudry or Berendo, but sometimes it just feels that way.

It's been a while since I've updated the readers of perdaily with what has been going on in my own personal war for public education justice with LAUSD. So I thought that I would spend today's post telling you what has transpired since you tuned in last. It has been a little over 2 months since I was removed from my classroom after being handcuffed and searched and, after a brief stay at empty Local District 6 offices at Slauson and Eastern in the lovely City of Commerce. Since then, I havebeen installed in my homebetween the hours of 8AM and 3PM, Monday through Friday -- except school holidays. While seniors are allowed to leave campus for lunch, it was only 3 weeks ago that LAUSD finally conceded that I too could do the same.

While it should be clear to all of you who have either followed my saga in earlier daily postsof perdaily or had the misfortune of suffering a similar fate at the hands of LAUSD Administration Party Members, I have engaged in no word or action that is not consistent with trying to bring excellent public education to the predominantly minority students -- think 73% Latino student population -- who continue to be systematically and consciously pushed through LAUSD without even the bear minimum of what would constitute a good education that might give them a real chance at a productive future as opposed to gangs and criminal justice.

In one sense, I have learned that I am in a no-win situation, because although I am not responsible for my present situation of having to remain at home in lieu of going to a school