Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 19, 2010

Neither sticks, stones, nor insults will disrupt the dialogue � EducationCEO's Blog

Neither sticks, stones, nor insults will disrupt the dialogue � EducationCEO's Blog

Still synthesizing dialogue from last night’s #BlackEd chat on Twitter (9 PM EST every Thursday). The group continues to grow, but I feel as though I need to address the elephant in the cyber-room because we do not want this effort to become counterproductive to addressing the ’cause’ (identifying problems & solutions to the opportunity gap for Black students). Now I know there are tons of educators and parents using Twitter. If it’s true what they say about 6 degrees of separation, we should have more people actively participating in the dialogue. After I took the high road last night in a disagreement with another participant, I got to thinking: This is exactly why there are probably four times as many people watching as there are participating.
I was called to task on my criticism of Education Secretary Arne Duncan. Anyone who has ever read my blogs with