Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 19, 2010

Cover Letter to Everyone � Chalkdust101

Cover Letter to Everyone � Chalkdust101

Cover Letter to Everyone

In change, education, leadership on March 19, 2010 at 12:03 am

If you haven’t discovered 750Words, you should. It’s unbelievably liberating.

This is a recent rant that I think may make a decent cover letter. I’ve been wrong in the past. Please tell me if I am so here.

I am a change agent. I will not apologize for this, nor make exceptions about or alter the course of this. There is a need within all organizations, especially within education, to remain relevant to their constituents. I go to find the steps between the pending irrelevance of the current system and the innovation necessary to continue the vital role that education plays in the development of productive citizens in the United States and beyond.

It has been said, by wiser minds than mine, that we live in exponential times. The information landscape that our current teaching staff evolved with is no longer a relevant model, but the skills they carried through that process are. How do we, then, take those critical analysis skills, those precise tools of skepticism, and apply them to the current, and ever-evolving flow of data that overwhelms our student populace of today?

I am a change agent. The paradigm is shifting in education and information ownership. It’s only the institutions of learning that are failing to realize this very simple fact.

“When Gutenberg invented the printing press, we didn’t have Europe plus books. Instead