Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/10/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_17.html


“Making Hybrid Teaching Work for Educators & Students”
Making Hybrid Teaching Work for Educators & Students is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Three educators offer do’s and don’ts of successful hybrid teaching, including setting boundaries and practicing self-care. Here are some excerpts:
Wednesday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopening
OpenClipart-Vectors / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Hybrid school might be the worst of both worlds is from Vox. These Families Feel Forgotten as N.Y.C. Pushes to Open Schools is from The NY Times. Back to school: Many large districts are opening their doors again is from The Washington Post. A look at Orange County as first
All My Music-Related “Best” Lists
stevepb / Pixabay I have over 2,100 frequently revised and updated “Best” lists on just about every subject imaginable, and you can find them listed three different ways in three different places (see Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists ). I’m starting to publish a series where each day I will highlight the “Best” lists in a separate category. Today, it’s on Music: The Best
2020’s Best Posts From This Blog!
Twice each year, I post my favorite posts that appeared in during the previous six months. This post is for my favorites from the first half of 2020. You can see my choices for each of the past twelve years here , including A LOOK BACK: 2020’S BEST POSTS FROM THIS BLOG – PART ONE. And you can also see a list of my My All-Time Favorite Posts! I’m adding this one to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR
“Peaksay” Is Likely To Become A “Go-To” Site For Language Teachers
I’ve previously posted about Fluent Key (see “FLUENT KEY” LOOKS LIKE A WONDERFUL VIDEO TOOL FOR ALL TEACHERS ). It “gamifies” watching a video and turns it into a Quizizz/Kahoot-like activity where students answer questions with a leaderboard. It’s definitely an engaging way to show a video in class. Then, last week, I posted about a new feature that Fluent Key began: Peaksay Pronunciation Game h
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On How Teachers Can Lead Effective Asynchronous Online Discussions
What’s the Point? Leading Compelling, Meaningful Class Discussions Online is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM Radio Show. Taurean Branch and Theresa Capra join me in the discussion, and they’ve both also contributed written commentaries to my Education Week Teacher column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
Horrifying Statistic Of The Day: Hundreds Of Immigrant Children Taken Away From Parents By Trump Administration Still Separated From Them
The horror of the Trump Administration’s family separation policy continues, according to this new NBC news article, Lawyers say they can’t find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration. I’m 

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007