Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Student-Teacher Relationship is One of the Most Misunderstood and Underrated Aspects of Education | gadflyonthewallblog

The Student-Teacher Relationship is One of the Most Misunderstood and Underrated Aspects of Education | gadflyonthewallblog

The Student-Teacher Relationship is One of the Most Misunderstood and Underrated Aspects of Education

When I came back to school for the first time since the Coronavirus closed the building, there were a pile of letters waiting for me in my mailbox.
I took them to my empty classroom and read the first one:
“Hello Mr. Singer, I just thought you should know that you are the greatest teacher I’ve had since Kindergarten all the way to my freshman year of High School and probably will remain that way forever. You always helped me with my work when I was behind and gave me extra time to finish it. Your class was the class I looked forward to every day. You were always a nice and funny man. Thank you for being there for me and everyone else in your classes. I’ll be sure to visit you after school every now and then…”
I picked up another:
“You have no idea how much I miss you… I quite miss our talks after class about video games, movies and musicals. As cheesy as it sounds, I always looked forward to them; especially during the days I was having problems with other students, your wise words always helped…”
And another:
“…we had fun times in your class. There wasn’t one non-fun day that we had because if we was going to have a bad day you made it better and way more fun. You also helped us a lot even when we didn’t ask for it. When people CONTINUE READING: 
The Student-Teacher Relationship is One of the Most Misunderstood and Underrated Aspects of Education | gadflyonthewallblog