Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Will @ShavarJeffries chicken out? – Cloaking Inequity

Will @ShavarJeffries chicken out? – Cloaking Inequity:

Will @ShavarJeffries chicken out?


There have been many many developments recently in the school choice (privatization of public schools) front. In the midst of it all, Shavar Jefferies, President of Democrats for Education Reform, said the following to me on Twitter:
How do you think I replied?
Not only did I reply, but I challenged Shavar to debate here in California. He responded he’d like me to come to Newark.
I think we should do a home and home series.
Debates on Twitter usually get lost in the annals of Twitter history— so I turned to Storify to log the debate/conversation. What is Storify? It “helps making sense of what people post on social media.” Users curate voices and turn them into stories.
Click the link below in the Tweet to follow the Storified conversation my debate challenge to Shavar Jeffries and a roundup of recent development in school choice (and privatization and private control of public schools)
It’s worth the click. Enjoy.
Will @ShavarJeffries chicken out? – Cloaking Inequity: