Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 19, 2014

6-17-14 Jersey Jazzman - Charter School Reality: TN Edition

Jersey Jazzman:







Charter School Reality: TN Edition
OK, look...I am not "anti-charter school." I started my career in a charter. I think there is a good case to be made for some -- some -- level of charter proliferation in many communities. I certainly don't think I ought to be telling people in other cities and towns that they shouldn't be able to decide for themselves how much "choice" they want in their district.I also don't








6-17-14 Jersey Jazzman - Teachers & Students Ask: Will @GovChristie's Office Be Air-Conditioned This Week?
Jersey Jazzman: Teachers & Students Ask: Will @GovChristie's Office Be Air-Conditioned This Week?It was hot in Central Jersey today, and it looks like most of the state will be in the 90's tomorrow. This heat is potentially dangerous: an advisory is in effect until tomorrow night all through South Jersey. The National Weather Service says:A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES