Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 13, 2014

4-13-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:







UOO to CEA: How Can We Help?
Read more at PegwithPen!
vox.com: PARCC Tests Are “Working”!
On April 11, 2014, vox.com, a supposedly a “data-driven news site” started this month (April 2014) by Ezra Klein,  posted this propagandastic wonder regarding Partnership for Assessment for College and Careers (PARCC) field testing. The piece is entitled, Common Core Tests Are in Classrooms– And They’re Actually Working. That depends upon what one considers “working” to be. If “working” […]


Devaluing Teachers in the Age of Value-Added
Devaluing Teachers in the Age of Value-Added. via Devaluing Teachers in the Age of Value-Added.
All Week 4-12-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE : All Week @ THE CHALK FACE Georgia Moms Stand Firm Against TestingGuest post by Meg Norris It was my fourth or fifth speech about Common Core and why I had left my teaching position to fight against it. By the time I was finished, I noticed a beautiful, young couple in the second row. He looked okay, but she looked like I had just punched her […]59 by Kris Nielsen / 7h APR 10In D