We need your help in the struggle to defend public education. To endorse or donate to the RESPECT union campaign for leadership of the Seattle Education Association, click on the links.
- A union that will fight for a strong contract. When we ask for less than what is required to do our jobs well, we cannot serve our students effectively, or be true to the passion that brings us into the classroom.
- A union that will demand full funding of education. This will only happen if we insist lawmakers adhere to the law.
- A union that will stand for fair and sustainable teacher evaluation. Evaluation should empower us to continually improve our professional practice and care for our students—it should not simply serve as a “gotcha” tool for administrators.
- A union that protects our right to teach culturally relevant curriculum and works to replace disproportionate disciplinary procedures with restorative justice. Seattle’s students deserve a holistic education that fosters critical thinking and civic engagement.
- We need a union that brings families and community members into the schools as partners and collaborators.
- A union that empowers the union membership to be an active voice.
- A union that keeps us updated with accurate information and invites us to take an active role in a truly member-driven association.
- A union that will join the growing national movement to fight for fair and meaningful student assessments, including opportunities to pilot performance-based alternatives to high-stakes testing.