Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2-25-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week

Jersey Jazzman:









OUTRAGE: Cami Anderson to Newark: "Who Cares What You Think?"
I just received this press release about 10 minutes ago from the Newark Public Schools. Apparently, State Superintendent Cami Anderson, appointed by Gov. Chris Christie and unaccountable to the elected Newark Advisory School Board, can't be bothered with criticism from the public or tough questions from their elected officials [emphasis mine]:.So, at the last possible minute -- I got the official




2-24-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman: Education "Reform": The Endgame"What, in your opinion, is the endgame with all this?"A veteran educator with years of experience teaching children in New Jersey's urban areas asked me this Saturday during my talk at the Abbott Leadership Institute. I had just gone through an explanation of the analysis I did with Bruce Baker of the One Newark plan, State Superin