Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2-25-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:



TonyattheRedLine





Teachers at Chicago’s Saucedo Scholastic Academy vote 100% to boycott ISAT test. Teachers union has their backs. 100%.
  This morning teachers at Maria Saucedo Academy voted unanimously to boycott the ISAT test. This follows on the heels of yesterday’s press conference by parents who have opted out of the test. They represent a reported 500 parents who have opted out district-wide. Here is the press release from the Chicago Teachers Union: CHICAGO – The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) supports teachers and parents a






Tony at the Red Line Tap.
  “I don’t get it,” Tony sighed as I grabbed my seat at the bar. “Sean, my man.” I yelled to the kid in the back room. “A Cal’Arenys. Room temperature.” “I said, I don’t get it.” “I heard you, but I wanted my beer. Now. What don’t you get, Tony?” “Four-man bobsledding.  How is it different from two-man bobsledding?” “It’s different because one has two guys and one has four,” I explained. “Why are
Todd Mertz. In Arizona…
- Todd Mertz is a teacher and IEA union and political activist. The ruling came on Thursday. Yes, I know we don’t live in Arizona. But this is significant and absolutely great news for us too.  Here is why: The language in the IL and AZ constitutions are very similar in protecting pension benefits for public employees. In fact, both the IL and AZ constitution state that membership in the state pe
2-24-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Big union ad buy for Guzzardi.. The price of poker just went up. A piece of interesting election news this morning is that the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) just dropped $50,000 on a media ad buy for Will Guzzardi’s race against Machine Democratic Party daughter, Toni Berrios. Berrios h