Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 28, 2013

11-28-13 Jersey Jazzman: Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank Bruni

Jersey Jazzman: Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank Bruni:




Thank You
I love this song by John Mellencamp, someone who I think sometimes doesn't always get his due. IMHO, he's an important musician and an even more important songwriter.And it's great to think about all those who serve and keep us safe on a day like today. God bless them all.As for me: thanks to all of you for reading. Let's keep it going...Let me say thank-you to those who love manyLet me say thank-


NJ Teachers: Your Chance To Speak Out About New Evaluation System!
Regular readers know what I think about AchieveNJ, the new teacher evaluation system here in New Jersey:AchieveNJ: aka "Operation Hindenburg"This rushed, poorly-researched, based-on-a-mistruth, innumerate, anti-collaborative, inappropriately norm-based, waste-of-time system is a disaster in the making. NJ teachers, you're already dealing with the intrusive SGO regime - just wait until we

Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank Bruni
Let me start by apologizing to Tom Friedman. You see, for years I've thought that the Mustache of Understanding was the silliest, most wankeriffic pontificator within in the NY Time's Op-Ed hierarchy of mandarins. But it's clear to me now I was completely wrong. The proof?Frank Bruni's latest column, in which he jumps into the waters of education policy unencumbered by the water wings of knowledge
11-16 -13 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman:Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week mark as readWe Don't Need a NJ Version of Race To The TopFor the life of me, I can't think of one good reason why New Jersey needs this:State Sen. Teresa Ruiz (D-Essex) has filed a bill to be heard on Thursday that would create an Innovation Fund and appropriate $5 million in its first year to help schools trying new programs in scheduling, technology