Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Peg with Pen: One Parent at a Time

Peg with Pen: One Parent at a Time:

One Parent at a Time

 This morning I sat in front of my computer determined - determined to answer every opt out question in my inbox - this is hard to accomplish because they just keep coming. But today I did it. At least until tomorrow morning or until I check my email again.

I answered questions from distraught parents, parents pleading for help for their child who had been held back or might be held back - even with good report card grades. I responded to parents who were angry - parents whose autistic children are forced to take the test. I helped parents whose children were being denied fine arts due to test scores.  I answered questions from parents with children in kindergarten - these young children are being required to take tests online - these children are frightened. I gave advice to parents whose children are vomiting before the test, parents whose children hate school due to the tests, parents whose children