Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Diane in the Evening 9-8-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all

Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all:




What Direction for NYC’s Public Schools?
The New York Times published an online debate about what is needed next in NYC. Pedro Noguera, Geoffrey Canada, So Stern and I weigh in. Who is defending the status quo? You decide.

Teacher: a Letter to My Union Leader
Randi, Dennis, I have a B.S. in Biology from UCLA and have a M.S. from Texas A&M University. I decided to go into public school teaching to share my love of science with children . However, ever since I entered the public schhols in NYS, I have been placed in the most economically challenged school districts (South Bronx and now Newburgh NY). My evaluations based upon observations have been, s


LISTEN TO DIANE RAVITCH 9-8-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all
Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all: Welcome to Charterland: The GameThe National Opportunity to Learn campaign has created a game called Charterland, based on the popular children’s game Candyland. Test your skills. Would you make it to the finish lime?6 by dianerav / 1h Everything You Wanted to Know about Teacher Evaluation But Were Afraid to AskThis is a terrific n