Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 15, 2013

9-15-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:






Compare and Contrast Reactions to Teacher Evaluation: In Mexico 10,000 Teachers Protest, In NYC Union Leaders Defend the Undermining of the Profession
The education issues in Mexico and in this country and in other parts of the world are the same. That should tell you something. That the union misleaders who are wearing buttons that say Dec. 31, 2013 to mark the end of the Bloomberg era are not telling the members the truth about the neo-liberal assault on education, teachers and their unions.Reports about how teachers have taken over Mexico Cit
News From Susan Ohanian Plus Brief Commentary for a Sat Nite
I broke the fastBut I did not eat the humitz(to the tune of "I Shot the Sheriff).Well, I'm as full as a bull after 24 hours of fasting. We had 6 people at the break the fast and me and the guys went down to my recently refurbished room which I'm trying to brand my new "man cave." Now pre-Sandy I wouldn't be found dead down there -- though I could have been found dead down there (lik

9-14-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Al Qaeda Plan to Drain US Economy - Did Fall of Soviet Union Result From Similar US Policy?In an audio speech a day after the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, Ayman al-Zawahri, the leader of Al Qaeda, called on Muslims to carry out a “a few disparate attacks” on American soil and to “bleed America economically,”.. NY Times, Attack U.S., Qaeda Chief Te