Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 15, 2013

4 Lessons as a Sophomore Principal | Connected Principals

4 Lessons as a Sophomore Principal | Connected Principals:

4 Lessons as a Sophomore Principal

September 15, 2013
By 


This week, I’ve been asked to share a few thoughts with our newest principal hires, now that I’m a “wily veteran” (having started my third year as a principal).  Our Director of Student Learning has asked a few of us “vets” to speak about our most important learning, which we think may help our novice administrators as they go along their path.
It’s given me the chance to summarize some of the stray thoughts that have been rolling around in my head this past summer.  Given some time in the beach chair, I came to a few conclusions about the role of the principal, and where I’m at in my learning right now.
You can read the rest of my blog by clicking here.